August 4, 2017 | College & Real World Prep | Hillsborough
College-Bound & College-Interested High School Athletes and Parents:
You’ve sacrificed a great deal to get where you are. But there’s more to college lacrosse than what happens on the field. Are you prepared?
Join us for a special evening with Johns Hopkins All-Americans, Shack Stanwick and Terry Riordan, as they present perspectives, share personal experiences, and lead a conversation around two main themes:
- How to thrive as a full-time student/athlete, including:
- Realistic preparation and planning tactics for the college workload,
- Developing healthy academic/athletic/personal-life balance and self-care strategies in a demanding environment.
- Preparing for life and career after college and lacrosse, including:
- What you need to be thinking about now to achieve your goals in the future,
- How to best set yourself up for success before, during, and after your college lacrosse experience.
- WHEN: Friday, August 4th, 2017 – 7:00pm – 9:00pm (Limited to 30 families)
- WHO: Rising 10th – 12th grades players and parents
- WHERE: The Bligh Family: Hillsborough, CA (home address location listed in RSVP)
- COST: Free – Special Request: Because this is a free limited event, please only RSVP if your family will definitely attend. If you RSVP and do not attend, you will be taking another families’ spot away. Thank you!
About Terry and Shack:
Terry Riordan is the all-time leader in goals and points in Johns Hopkins history as well as the 11th leading goal-scorer in NCAA history. He earned All-American honors four straight years, including First Team honors his junior and senior years. Terry was named NCAA Division 1 Attackman of the Year and Player of the Year in 1995. Post-college, he played for the Long Island Lizards and Los Angeles Riptide of Major League Lacrosse. Terry coaches at St. Margarets School and lives in Southern California with his family.
Shack Stanwick was ranked the number 1 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse his freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school at Boys’ Latin in Baltimore. His senior season, he set a single-season school record with 46 goals and 72 assists for 118 points, making him the storied program’s all-time leading scorer with 334 points while leading Boys’ Latin to the Maryland State Championship and earining the #1 ranking in the country. A rising senior at Johns Hopkins, Shack earned All-American honors his sophomore and junior years.