Fall 2020 After School Classes open to Students from all schools
Covid safety regulations listed below and in registration
“We signed up our son for after school lacrosse and he absolutely loved the game and Matt as his coach. He has since played three seasons for the Menlo-Atherton Grizzlies and has had a fantastic experience. We cannot say enough about Matt’s ability to connect with the kids and help them learn and enjoy the game!” – Nancy and Keith
SixFifty’s After School classes are exciting opportunities for new players to get involved in the game of lacrosse and experienced players to take it to the next level! Using our time-tested curriculum developed by Coach Bond, players are led through skills & game sessions embedded with teamwork, decision-making, and leadership lessons designed to foster athletic & personal growth. In addition to lacrosse fundamentals, teaching includes age-appropriate athletic development, athletic movement, and coordination. The fundamentals – catching, throwing, scooping, & shooting – provide the foundation for more advanced team concepts. Sessions typically include 30 minutes of skill development and 30 minutes of game time. And best of all, lacrosse is so much fun!
- For beginners: come out and learn the basics of individual skills and team play
- For intermediate players: learn more, improve individual skills and team play from SixFifty director, Matt Bond and current Stanford and M-A players.
WHO: Girls & Boys, K-3rd and 4th-8th grade groups, beginner to intermediate level
WHEN: Tuesdays 3:00-4:15pm, Sept 15, 22, 29; Oct 6, 13, 20, 27; Nov 7
WHERE: Hillview Turf
RATE: $225/8 sessions
EQUIPMENT: We have limited loaner lacrosse sticks to be handed out first come/first serve. We strongly encourage purchasing your own inexpensive stick for boys HERE and girls HERE. No other equipment is required and we play a no-contact version of lacrosse with soft balls (spongy and/or tennis). Lacrosse sticks can also purchased from Big Five, Sports Authority, Sling It Lacrosse in Belmont or Goetz Brothers in Redwood City. Questions? Please email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with our current County/State Health Order, all sports camps/workouts including lacrosse must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Consistent groups of 12 or less, non-contact, socially-distanced (6′) at all times. Players and coaches may not change groups within a 3 week period.
- No shared equipment – players must bring their own gear, water bottle, etc. Lacrosse balls may not be touched by hand.
- Players must arrive/exit wearing face-coverings (ok to play without face-coverings). No loitering in groups, water breaks to be taken at separate cone-off locations
- Parents drop-off/pick-up in parking lot, no spectators on field (may watch from outside field).
- Further details including Safe Return to Play Guidelines will be sent after registration.
Even with the current restrictions, there are countless ways to train effectively, build skills, and continue to progress and improve your game. Join us as we get back on the field!
If your school is interested in bringing a SixFifty After-School Class to your neighborhood, please drop us a line at email@example.com.