Holbrook-Palmer Park, Atherton (Boys and Girls, 1st-8th grades):
Santa Clara (Boys and Girls, 1st-8th grades):
SixFifty is thrilled to announce our summer camp offerings in Menlo-Atherton and Santa Clara. These camp experiences are fun, high-energy teaching environments designed for:
- Novice or beginner players learning the basics of the game,
- Experienced players with a desire to take their next steps in the development of their game.
- Boys & Girls from incoming 1st graders to outgoing 8th graders.
Lacrosse is a complex game, requiring fundamentally sound individual mechanics and knowledge of critical team concepts. SixFifty coaches have the playing and coaching experience as well as the training and communication gifts to help young players improve their game. Whether you’re looking to improve your dodging, shooting, defense, goalie play, faceoff skills, or overall lacrosse IQ, SixFifty coaches provide individualized assessments and pathways for improving vital elements of your game through customized lesson plans and personal attention in the context of a group environment. And most importantly – we love to have FUN playing lacrosse!
- Beginner (0-1 yrs experience): No Equipment Required, Sticks Provided (great option for 8-10 yr olds!)
- Novice (0-2 yrs experience): Equipment Required/not provided, Limited-Checking rules
- Intermediate (1-3 yrs experience) & Advanced (2+ yrs): Equipment Required, Checking allowed
All players, grouped by age and skill level, follow our field-tested developmental curriculum which includes daily and weekly themes like:
- Being a great teammate and respecting your opponent,
- The connection between diligent and fun training on the field and in life,
- Age-appropriate goal setting,
- The importance of play in the learning process,
- Personal confidence and self-worth/self-image messages & positive reinforcement.
Typical Daily Schedule (9am-12pm):
- 9:00am – Check in, suit up, meet & greet
- 9:15am – Warm up, stretch
- 9:30am – Skills demo
- 9:35am – Stick skills (Catching/Throwing, Shooting, Dodging, Defense, Goalies, etc)
- 10:00am – Age/skill level breakout groups – Individual skills
- 10:30am – Team concepts demo & skills (3×2’s, Fast Breaks, Team Offense/Defense, etc)
- 11:15am – Games, Scrimmages, Team Challenges
- 12:00pm – Final message and wrap-up
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?